- 8 slices Dempster’s® White Bread
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded Tex-Mex cheese, divided
- 4 tsp (20 mL) butter
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced black olives
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
Sprinkle 1/2 cup (125 mL) cheese over each of 4 bread slices. Cap with remaining bread. Butter outside bread slices of each sandwich.
Preheat large skillet over medium-low heat; cook sandwiches for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until bread is golden brown and cheese melts.
Cut each sandwich into 4 squares. Cut each square in half diagonally to make triangles. Arrange triangles, layering with remaining cheese, on foil-lined baking sheet or pizza pan. Sprinkle with tomatoes and olives.
Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese starts to melt. Sprinkle with green onions.
• Serve nachos with salsa, guacamole and sour cream if desired.
• Change up the nacho toppings as you like: try bacon, black beans, corn, jalapeño peppers or red onion.