- 4 slices Dempster’s® Gluten Zero Whole Grain Bread
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) creamed horseradish
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 leaves lettuce (romaine or iceberg)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz (125 g) shaved rare roast beef
In skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sprinkle onion with salt and pepper; sauté onion for 10 to 15 minutes or until caramelized.
Spread half of the slices of bread with horseradish and spread remaining bread with mustard.
On half of the slices of bread, layer lettuce, tomatoes, caramelized onions and roast beef. Cap with remaining bread.