- 8 slices Dempster's® 100% Whole Grains Multigrain Bread
- 4 thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) low fat tzatziki sauce
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 8 tomato slices
Toss chicken with lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, garlic and salt. Marinate for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until grill-marked and just cooked through. Grill bread slices for 30 to 60 seconds per side or until grill-marked and toasted. Slice chicken.
Spread tzatziki evenly on 4 toasted bread slices. Top with romaine, tomato slices and chicken. Cap with remaining bread slice.
Cut each sandwich in half. Serve.