- 8 slices Dempster’s® Grains - Seed Lover’s Bread
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) garlic butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) marinara sauce, heated
Sprinkle cheese evenly over 4 slices of bread; cap with remaining bread. Combine garlic butter with Italian seasoning; spread over outside of sandwiches.
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook sandwiches, in batches if needed, for 2 to 3 minutes per side, pressing lightly, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Cut sandwiches into quarters; serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
• Substitute Cheddar or marble cheese for Italian cheese blend if desired.
• Add a slice of ham or turkey to sandwich if desired.