- 8 slices Dempster’s ® Gluten Zero Whole Grain Bread, toasted
- 1 cup (250 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt, divided
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 piece (3-inch/7.5 cm) daikon radish, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 6 fast fry boneless pork chops
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) paté
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro
Whisk together vinegar, sugar and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the salt. Place the carrot, radish and cucumber in a 4-cup (1L) jar; pour vinegar mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or for up to 3 days. Mix mayonnaise with Sriracha; set aside.
In skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sprinkle pork with remaining salt and pepper; fry for 2 minutes per side until just a hint of pink remains. Slice pork.
Spread paté over half of the slices of bread. Layer pork slices, dollop of mayonnaise mixture and some of the drained pickled vegetables over top. (Refrigerate remaining pickles for another use.) Sprinkle with cilantro. Cap with remaining bread.